Stage 2 hormone treatment

We help young trans people affirm their gender identity.

How we help

For most people who are under 18 and seeking to access hormone treatment through the use of testosterone or oestrogen (Stage 2), you don’t need to go to court before you can access the treatment.

However, if one of the following situations applies to you, you may need to get a court order from the Family Court before you can receive Stage 2 treatment:

  1. One or more of your parents* doesn’t provide positive consent to the treatment
  2. Your medical staff are against you undergoing the treatment
  3. You are in the protection of a state welfare authority.

* parent/s includes any person with parental responsibility for the child, such as a guardian.

Get free legal help

If you (or your child) need legal help with accessing hormone treatment, make an online application and a member of our team will be in touch to guide you through the next steps.

Apply now

Can’t use the online application? Call 1800 STAGE2 (1800 782 432) between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday and we can find a time to assist you.

Our other priority groups and projects

Our services

We’ve spent 25 years connecting people and community groups who need help with the lawyers who help them via our network of over 10,000 pro bono lawyers.

See all our services

Illustration showing an older white lady with a cane waving to a middle aged white lady.