How to resolve a building dispute out of court

This fact sheet explains how to make and accept formal offers of compromise and Calderbank offers. 

Sometimes, you may wish to settle a matter outside of court (or in the case of building disputes, outside of tribunal) making or accepting an offer of settlement.

If you are unsure about whether you should make an offer, it may be good to seek legal advice first. Find out if you are eligible for help at Justice Connect.

This fact sheet covers:

  • Formal offers pursuant to the VCAT Act
  • Calderbank offers
  • Pros and cons of using formal offers or Calderbank offers
Fact sheet: How can I resolve my building dispute out of court Download PDF (270 KB)
Was this page helpful?